Surprised that the cake actually turned out well. It is really a simple cake using simple ingredients. Even hubby gave the thumbs up! How cool is that? There is a burst of orange flavour and goes really well with a cup of coffee. What's more? It's home baked. You know the ingredients and can eat it with a peace of mind. Here is the recipe :
About 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
150g caster sugar
225g self raising flour
About 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Prepare a loaf pan (greased and lined with baking paper)
- Cream butter,sugar and orange rind till light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in milk, orange juice and fold in the flour till all combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50minutes till golden brown or till cooked through( test for doneness)
- Let it cool in the pan for a while then turned out onto a wire rack to cool completely.